|Cycle:||each winter term|
|Course format:||2 hours lecture per week|
|Lecturer:||Prof. Dr. Manfred Schwaiger, Prof. Dr. Hans-Georg Berkel, MBA|
|Grading:||- 1-hour written exam / closed book (50%)
- Classroom attendance, participation, role play (50%)
|Contact Person:||Gerrit Hufnagel|
This course seeks to improve your understanding of management communications, both on a corporate as well as on an individual level. As far as the corporate level is concerned, students may learn how companies use communications to implement strategy and achieve competitive advantage. To reach these goals, we will examine several cases, readings, and/or films that will help students to understand how corporate communications relate to general management in a firm. Communications on an individual level is designed to teach students the theory and processes of negotiation as it is practiced in a variety of settings. The course will cover a broad spectrum of negotiation problems that are faced by managers. It will allow the participants to develop a broad array of negotiation skills experientially. Considerable emphasis will be placed on simulations, role-playing and cases in this section as well. It offers a practical psychological exploration of the major concepts and theories of bargaining and negotiation.
The goals of the course are:
- Improve understanding of management communications, both on a corporate as well as on an individual level.
- Learn how companies use communications to implement strategy and achieve competitive advantage.
- Develop a broad array of negotiation skills experientially.
- Explore the major concepts and theories of bargaining and negotiation.
The course is for European Triple Degree (ETD) students only. The course comprises a weekly 2-hour lecture and a 2-days Negotiation Workshop.
- Monday, 14.00-16.00h, Schellingstr. 5, room 003 (first lecture: 23.10.2017)
- Wednesday, 17th January 2018 10.00-12.00h (Luisenstr. 37, C 006) with Barbara Schädler, Senior Vice President Corporate Communications & Public Affairs at E.ON SE
- Friday, 26th January 2018 10.00-12.00h (Geschw.-Scholl-Pl. 1(B), B 106) with Prof. Dr. Christof Ehrhart, Executive Vice President Corporate Communications & Responsibility at Deutsche Post DHL Group
- Thursday, 30.11.2017, 13.00–18.00h (Edmund-Rumpler Straße 9, room A 027)
- Friday, 01.12.2017, 09.00–18.00h (Edmund-Rumpler Straße 9, room A 005)
Monday, 12.02.2018, 14.00-16.00h, Geschwister- Scholl-Platz 1, room A 014